Saturday, June 30, 2007

Jersey Winery/Goats Do Roam/Horse Stud

I felt this was one of the most boring legs of our trip. We hit up alot of wineries the only cool ones being one that was on a Jersey cow farm and the Goat Do Roam winery.

First we went to the Jersey cow farm. I have no idea how or why someone thought up combining a farm with a winery but I guess it works. We got to see the milking parlor and talk to the herd manager then we got to do some wine tasting.
My favorite winery was the Goats Do Roam winery. There is wine at World Market by them :) It's neat because they have a little fenced in tower that goats inhabit plus right across the street there is an actual goat farm. They also sell shirts and do a cheese tasting :)
The horse stud place (Arc En Ciel was the name) was fairly boring for me. The horses were pretty and all but I'm just not very interesting in a stud farm. And the tour took forever :-\ But there were some cute dachshunds on the property!

No comments: