Sunday, November 11, 2007

Surgery!!! (Graphic pictures to follow)

This semester we have junior surgery. We are broken into teams of 3 (1 surgeon, 1 assistant, and 1 anesthetist) and each of us has 3 surgeries to do (1 soft tissue, 1 spay or neuter, and 1 orthopedic). These are pictures from my first soft tissue surgery. I got to do a gastropexy and a cyctotomy... here are some websites that better describe the procedures: http://members.fortunecity.com/houndfancy/gastropexy.html for the gastropexy and http://lbah.com/canine/urolithiasis.htm#sx for the cystotomy. Any questions about either procedure (or in general) feel free to ask! Oh, PS! The picture where the body wall is being held up by instruments is the gastropexy and the picture where my assistant is holding the bladder with suture is the cystotomy :)).

2 comments:

Lynn said...

You look so professional in your mask & gown!
I looked at the pictures through my fingers...eeew!

mom

Sparky said...

Wow, great photo's, I LOVE to watch the surgeries. Way to go!

Have fun