Friday, March 16, 2007

Day 5 - Last day

So here I am writing my last Portland, OR blog post :) Sadly, this was the slowest day of them all... I think I honestly touched maybe 3 animals today. The only interesting thing that happened was a Chinese crested (here's a pic for those who don't know what it looks like :) http://www.thepamperedpup.com/dog_breeders/ChineseArchieMagic.jpg) came in who was apparently having seizures. For a moment they thought it was slug bait poisoning which would have been kinda cool since we don't have that in MI, slugs are a NW problem :-D But no, looked like it was just seizures because the pup recovered and was walking normally a little bit later :( I kinda feel bad that I'm disappointed about it but seriously... I ONLY TOUCHED 3 ANIMALS TODAY!!!

I did go into Portland again though. This time I shopped a little east of the river, on Hawthorne because Dr Kirkham recommended it. There were a few cute little shops :) I drove past this BBQ place on the way in and thought of dad so I had to take a picture :-D Make sure he sees it mom! Then I headed back over the river and couldn't find parking for the life of me. When I finally found a sop it was almost 7pm and darkness was coming so I booked it down to the riverside to take some pictures. And here they come :-D

These first 4 are just overlooking the river (I actually don't know which one so don't ask ;-)) It is very pretty down there and there are a couple of those little park-like places where there are seats and whatnot.

Multiple times at the vet office I heard of them referring to the people who live under the bridge... I think this could be one of the spots occupied ;-)





A boat was going under one of the drawbridges so I got a couple pictures... one shows the section of bridge that was raised and the other is of the boat going underneath.
Here you can see a mountain in the distance... kind of pretty with the lighting. Also there a couple more pictures across the water, one is of the crazy expressways I had to navigate :)











And finally, here is a little park area with people lounging around :) I included it because it reminded me of that sketchy park we stopped at after hours in Seattle.. remember mom ;-D






Ok, that's all from Portland! Thanks for reading and don't forget to look at the last post again to see what was added :) Detroit airport, here I come!!!

1 comment:

Nanc said...

Hope your now home safe and sound Kirsten! I enjoyed following along on your adventure!

Nanc